Crossroads to Brain Injury Recovery
2016 successes and a new Executive Director
Approximately 5,000 people in the Central Shenandoah Valley Community are affected with brain injury. In 2016 Crossroads to Brain Injury Recovery exceeded program goals and expectations by 35% by serving more people in our service area than anticipated. We met our mission to help provide options for your neighbors to return to work, school, and live productive and meaningful lives.
Crossroads gladly welcomes Tamara Wagester as the new Executive Director, beginning in January 2017. Ms. Wagester graduated from Michigan State University with a Bachelor of Science degree and she studied at George Mason University for a Master’s degree in Economics. After working on Capitol Hill for Members of Congress from Michigan and California, she served nearly 15 years as Executive Director of a national non-profit which focused on food, agricultural, natural resource, and environmental issues. The past several years she provided independent consulting services researching areas of the non-profit employment environment.
To improve the quality of life for those affected by brain injury by ensuring that individuals and their caregivers have access to the information, resources and services they need to lead more independent and productive lives.
What our Clients say about us
- "My caseworker did all she could do to help me."
- "Your services have met my needs."
- "We greatly appreciate all the help that Crossroads has and continues to give to us. The information we have received, the assistance with services, and support group meetings have helped improve the quality of life for all of us!"
- "My case manager is very good...to show and help with what I need...helps me do most for myself."
- "My case manager listens to everything I have to say."
- "[My case manager] has been extremely helpful to us in finding resources and services needed to help my son through his recovery."
- "Without your services, I wouldn't have known where to turn for help in so many areas."
- "Our case worker gives us 150%."
not such fearful as other people tell it is just needful to try and all understanding will come itself minus the aid of other people.